After my last post, my husband got a hold of the infamous "black list" for promotion. He was not on the selected list. He was so disappointed but was relieved in a way because now I do not have to leave my job or this area. We will get to finish our time here on Lejeune which we love because of the convenience of the area and the DoDea school system.
I could tell that his heart was broken, he was very sadden by the news. Other people who were promoted he knows personally and felt that promotion was not justified. He's been to war 2 years and 1 month total. There are people who were promoted who have NEVER been or others who have been once, granted they've paid their dues. Others who were promoted didn't even take a picture. How can they promote someone without even seeing what they look like??
His words to me this morning touched me. He said to me, before he left the door to go to work, "At least I still have my family"...that's his spirit, keep pushing on and never give up the fight. There's always next year.
I love you Oscar. You are an inspiration to me. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love his attitude!! That actaully makes even more of a soldier, strip away the ranks and he he is still a STRONG AND LOYAL MARINE!!! Next one is his definitely!!
We're praying but are okay either way. He's still a Marine and still an even more AWESOME father and husband. He's a better person for the things he's endured and what we've endured as a family.
I love his heart and he has mine!
Post a Comment