Did Someone Say Mardi Gras? Got Beads!

Today was an interesting day, very interesting. I woke from my slumber quite early in hopes to not be in quite a rush when it was time to depart for my day - as well as the kid's day.

I got up, well rested, good mood, hands in dough and icing to make a King Cake for Caleb's third grade class. This was to go along with his parade float, which we worked very hard on the night before. While elbows deep in icing and dough, I realized that I had mandatory training at 8 a.m. YIKES! I may have thought a little more than 'yikes' in my head, but that's what came out, which is a good thing. The cake baked its 25 minutes, I pulled it out to cool, ran to the bedroom(s) to wake up the world and throw them in a bath to wash away the funk from the day(s) before. Of course I didn't have time to wash the well oiled oils from my hair (it allows for more body for my stringy, lifeless hair?), I washed the body and was outta there! I loaded the float in the car, that was fun. Loaded the kids and the cake, don't forget the cake. Took Caleb to school where only the janitor existed that early, dropped the goods and scooted!

The infamous float...he was SO proud, so was I.


Here's the cake that I got up so early to create. It was quite yummy!


After all of this, I got to work only to discover that the phones were completely out in my office. Just lovely. I almost had heart failure over a 4-hour class that I couldn't partake in anyway? Ugh. Fun day. I did get to take the class in the afternoon, it was great use of four hours of my day...not really.

But, as I mentioned to my friend this morning, I have air in my lungs, blessed to see the sun shining today! I survived.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummm....cake looks delicious and the cart turned out great! I bet he was proud.....I am!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...