Doing What I Do

I may never be a famous photographer or even be good enough to get my pictures in the local newspaper. But, I enjoy what I do and putting my name on it. It's mine, right? At the same time, it's my right. Ew, that sounded a little harsh, huh? I didn't mean it that way, I'm just being passionate. I love my camera and my family and I love capturing the moments that make my heart happy and that bring a smile to my face. If you're reading my blog, you obviously enjoy my pictures too. Let's hope? If you'd like to see other photos that I have done, check them out. I'm going to do my best to keep posting as I go. I am on a mission to add links to the page so that they aren't just added to the same page and required to scroll through a billion photos. Work in progress, the story of my life.

I'm practicing silhouettes right now. They are a little tricky, but I'm gonna get it right, eventually. I took some really good ones today, at least I think they are good. I need to process them up a little. I'm looking for that perfect color balance. Photoshop isn't as easy as some may think,  I want to learn how to process completely in RAW (meaning: uncooked, unprocessed, it is what it is - photography wise) vs. JPEG. Fun stuff, right? I knew I was keeping you awake and on your toes, ha! I guess if you're not into photography, this would sound quite boring. I want to start posting tutorials on how/what I do to make my pictures look as they do when I post them. Pictures don't always come SOOC (straight out of the camera) looking so vibrate and full of life. They actually turn out looking boring and well, lifeless. Editing software can go a long way, even with your point-and-shoot camera.


Today we went for a walk on the beach after we sat down and inhaled a yummy Thanksgiving feast. We have so much to be thankful for, it goes beyond words.

If you take a moment and look around you, you'll find that you don't have to go far for colors, textures, photo backdrops - they are free and everywhere. You just have to look and open your creative doors. Make it fun, make it yours. There are a ton of websites that do sell cute backdrops and floors, but, when you don't have those available or don't want to spend the money, go for a drive and you'll be surprised at what an old barn or even a storage pod can do for your pictures. Look for color and texture, that's all you need.

I will attempt to post the silhouette pictures as well as a tutorial on the way I was able to capture them. A majority of my pictures have been trial and error, I learn as I go. I'm learning to write things down...that's a big one for me. Call it getting older, call it what you will, but I find that writing lists helps me more often than not.

As for my previous blog about what signature to use...I think I like this one (below). This idea came from another photographer, I added my own originality. I feel like we all use inspiration from others, it helps spark an idea or a feeling. I like this one and I think I'm gonna use it (for now, until I change my mind again). 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You photos are GREAT....and I enjoy them very much! I look forward for you to post pictures! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...