Joy of Love {day 08 - Love From The Heart}


Day 08: Love From The Heart

A little story about this gift: I found this lens on a local yard sale sight that I love and that my husband is addicted to. I try to log on once week to peruse the goods. Much to my surprise, I found this nifty little lens that I had wanted, 50mm f/1.8 (I would have taken the 1.4, but just the same). I emailed the seller, asked the usual questions; take a lower price, any defects, why are you selling. He didn't take long to get back with me. I called my husband to make him aware of the "find", of course he thought it was a good deal and agreed that I proceed. After emailing a few times with the seller, the emails turned to texts and then to phone calls and then he comes back with a text and apologizes, but he had sold the lens. I was so upset. Why would he continue the texts? Why give me so much information and then lay down the gavel...final, done? I text my husband and told him to forget it and that the lens had sold. And, it continues...

When I came home from work that day, my husband tells me to get in the car, we're going somewhere. Of course I'm a billion questions, where, what, why, who...I'm tired, no. He tells me to get in, I'm going, like it or not. We drive to a local store parking lot and park. I'm baffled at this point. My husband sends a few texts then a car pulls up beside us, my husband gets out of the car, speaks to the gentleman, there's an exchange of hands, I can't see what's going on but am curious. He enters back into the car, hands me a box - no, a NIKON box, and says, "You're welcome. I love you."


I took this just a moment ago with my kit lens, 18-105mm. It's night. No natural light.

I'm thinking I'm caught up on {the Joy of Love} posts. Sweet.

2 comments:

mindy b. said...

What a beautiful story - and a great photo! I'm also participating in the joy of LOVE - awesome job on this one! :)

Michelle said...

Awwwwwwe!!! So sweet!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...