Day 14: Wedding Band/Jewelry
Perfect assignment for today - Valentine's Day - the day for love. A little story about my wedding ring set; I had a band, a single, sterling silver band for more than the first few years of our marriage. We bought matching bands at James Avery in Texas. I never complained, rarely asked for a diamond. It would have been nice, but wasn't ever a priority. A diamond wasn't going to change my marriage by making it better or worse, it was material to me.
During a deployment to Iraq a few years back, my husband was able to come home for two weeks to be present during a surgery our daughter had on to her face. The doctor requested his presence due to the complexity of the surgery (which turned out perfect, no complications). While he was home, he kept looking for a package to be delivered. I didn't think anything of it. I carried on as normal. I returned to work one week after he was home. He was able to stay with Gabrielle during the last part of her recovery. He called and asked me to lunch one day and said that it was very important. I met him at a local restaurant as he asked. He had two boxes with him that sat on the table. He didn't say anything about the boxes, of course I was curious. He told me that I had to wait until he was ready for me to open them. Really? Wait for what? I opened them and of course I cried (and of course he called me a nerd). They are wonderful to me. This picture does not do them justice. He did good.
Happy Valentine's Day.




2 comments:
AWWWWWWEEEEEEE!!!!! Love the story, and this is a really nice shot!
This is a really lovely shot! What are the rings propped up on?
Post a Comment