Not A Complete Waste

Intentions were great today, they really were. I had every intention of taking that perfect, Christmas card portrait today. It didn't quite work out that way. Tempers were high, attitudes were big, but the mosquitoes were even bigger. Ew.

The family was all dressed in coordinating everything. The hair was perfect. The time of day was even more perfect. We just couldn't coordinate the moods to match our perfect outfits and hair, sadly. Maybe next time, I guess.

After the short hike from the location of choice for the perfect Christmas picture (probably another reason for the anger - it was just a little walk, kind of) we decided that since we were already out and dressed, we might as well go out to dinner. Of course my attitude was not the greatest, I mean, all of that work for pictures and then to leave with nothing. I was not happy. But during our drive to dinner, my husband slowed down as we were crossing a bridge in Cape Carteret (NC). As I look to my right, I see the most beautiful sky against the water. There were fishing boats with the reflection of the setting sun sitting peacefully on the dark water. He kindly pulled to the side for me and offered to let me escape the tension in the car to capture this magnificent sight. Magnificent it was!!



  This sky made me forget the tempers, attitudes, and lack of cooperation that had been expressed by most of us just a little earlier. Next time will be better, hopefully. Christmas cards may be a little late, but it's okay.

Water under the bridge, right?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an A-MA-ZING picture!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...