It was quite an eventful weekend. Irene made her presence. She brought the wind, rain, wind, flooding, and did I mention wind? This was the second hurricane I have witnessed during my lifetime. The first one doesn't really count because I was evacuated and did just that - high-tailed it out of there - and didn't look back.
Friday night when Irene decided to begin her visit to the North Carolina coast, she took our electricity with her and the proceeded to keep it. It sucked. No other way to put it. I know, I know, it could have been worse and you're right. We are alive with a roof over our head (even though a little leaky) and food in our bellies (even though a little mushy and possibly a touch of salmonella). But try telling that to two kids who have run out of imagination and ways to keep cool other than the cold shower we were all entitled to experience at least once during the weekend. We made the best of it Friday night, made an adventure of it Saturday during lock down, but by Sunday - forget it. We were all over it. Electricity was restored Sunday evening, luckily. I was ready to chase down that electricity guy who kept driving by in his bucket-fixer-upper truck. He's quite lucky that man.
I have pictures of some of the devastation she caused. I don't want to post those, that's no fun. You've probably seen it all in the news. I want to show you our fun times - rave style. The chem-lights were in full force at our house. All we needed were some techno-jams. I probably could have played some had I not been preserving my batteries in every electronic device we own for fear of the unknown.
Way to work it kids....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment