Bokehlicious

Bokeh:
Pronunciation: /ˈbəʊkeɪ/ (or BO-KAH, so much easier said that way)
noun
Origin: Japanese

the visual quality of the out-of-focus areas of a photographic image, especially as rendered by a particular lens.

Recently I saw a post by {iheartfaces} regarding holiday bokeh. I've never attempted to take a bokeh picture with Christmas lights. I decided to give it a try last night. Just a couple of shots with the resources that I had available. My husband was in the field overnight conducting a night raid, the kids were occupying themselves - perfect "me" time.

I only took about 20 shots. I need to work on brightening the object and still capturing the bokeh. My main goal last night was just capturing the bokeh. I played with getting smaller circle bokeh and a larger circle bokeh by moving the object closer and further away from the lights and also moving my camera back and forth.

Below was my favorite bokeh effect. The circles are the perfect size, creamy color, I just like it. I edited in PS, I sharpened, cropped, and processed with Florabella's Sweetness from the Luxe II collection. I'm going to practice a little more. I have some creative ideas that I want to give a try.  

Nikon D90, 50mm f/1.8, 1/200, ISO 640, Manual 

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the word, love the shot! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...